COVID-Safe Procedures at the Southern Cross Club
The Canberra Southern Cross is pleased to welcome our members and guests in a friendly and COVID safe manner.
We have introduced measures to maintain safety for our staff and our patrons, and we expect all of our visitors to comply with the required procedures including:
- We recommend that customers wishing to dine or drink with us make a booking at their venue to avoid disappointment. Bookings can be made online or by calling Reception of your favourite venue.
- Any member with visible signs of cold or flu-like symptoms may be refused entry.
- Preferred payment is still cashless.
Furniture and floor stickers have been positioned throughout the club to help visitors stay at least 1.5m apart (household groups excepted). Please follow these indicators when in venue, as well as directions from staff.
Checking in with the CheckInCBR app is no longer necessary.
Like many businesses around Australia, we encourage our staff to seek medical advice and get vaccinated. The findings from our staff surveys and consultation indicate that the vaccination rates for our staff is in line with that of the ACT community. We understand that over 90% of staff have received at least one dose and the majority are fully vaccinated.
We thank our staff for doing their part to keep our community safe.
As with our staff, we encourage our Members to be fully vaccinated for their safety.
We have confidence that we are doing all we can to provide a safe environment for Members and their guests when visiting our hospitality and health and wellness venues.
Please see our COVID Safety Plan for Woden, Tuggeranong and Jamison for more information about what the Canberra Southern Cross Club is doing to safeguard you and your visitors.
Please take the following steps to minimise your exposure and reduce the spread of COVID-19:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, in particular after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- Use the hand sanitiser provided which can be found throughout our venues.
- Avoid touching your face as much as possible.
- Remember to cover your sneeze or cough with your elbow. If you have a tissue then you can cover with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, but do throw the used tissue in the bin then sanitise your hands.
- Stay home if you are unwell.
We have an eager team of happy and helpful staff to keep everyone as safe as we can. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to welcoming you to your Club.