Stellar Canberra open for business
Stellar Canberra will be opened in an official ceremony at 11am on Wednesday 28 February by Caroline Le Couteur MLA, Member for Murrumbidgee, followed by tours of the facility.
Built by the Canberra Southern Cross Club, the $19 million purpose-built health and wellness building will create up to 50 jobs in Woden.
The Canberra Southern Cross Club has a long history of being involved in the health sector through our Southern Cross Health Club, and four Anytime Fitness franchises throughout Canberra.
“We recognise the need for an increased focus on health and wellbeing in Canberra. We have built the centre as part of our vision to create a healthier community,” said Canberra Southern Cross Club CEO, Ian Mackay.
Stellar Canberra will be home to a wide range of health and wellness services including:
- Stellar Swim, a 17-metre indoor warm water pool with learn to swim lessons, hydrotherapy and aqua aerobics
- a 90 place Kids Club childcare centre
- 24 hour Anytime Fitness gym
- three purpose-built group exercise studios, run by Southern Cross Health Club
- a women’s only gym space
There is also a full floor of allied health and wellness businesses, including:
- Unfolding Light, offering Yoga, Pilates, Tai Chi and meditation
- FloatAbove, providing massage and float therapy services
- Active Recovery, physiotherapy services run by Dianna Howell and James Olsen
- The Healthy Eating Hub, owned and operated by nutritionist Kate Freeman
- Capital Rehabilitation Professionals, run by Exercise Physiologist Lea McCaskill
- Stellar Café, offering Lonsdale Street Roasters Stromlo blend coffee and a range of healthy snacks
Stellar Canberra is located in the heart of Woden on the corner of Launceston Street and Yamba Drive and is now open to members and the public.