Club Dress Code
The Canberra Southern Cross Club has an enviable reputation for service, dress and behaviour standards. It is a quality Club of which members can be proud.
The spirit of members is a big reason why our Club is so popular. Our rules and regulations are there to reinforce that spirit and to benefit us all. That is why we have dress regulations, to meet our members’ expectations of comfort, neatness, cleanliness and appearance.
Our dress regulations are based on commonly accepted standards of dress. As fashions and standards do change over time, dress requirements are interpreted in a spirit of goodwill and common sense.
Your Board of Directors has directed Management to interpret dress standards at their discretion.
Members and their guests are expected to be well presented, clean, neat and tidy at all times when in the Club.
Not Acceptable at Any Time
- Torn or dirty clothing
- Provocative clothing or proactive slogans on clothing
Hats and caps may only be worn in private functions. The exception is women’s headwear and cultural headwear, which may be worn in public areas of the Club.
Any headwear item deemed to be offensive or threatening must be removed immediately if requested by the Club manager or supervisor on duty.
- Tracksuits designed as fashion wear
- Neat denim garments
- Bowlers’ uniforms
- Shorts, normally mid-length, worn with appropriate socks, shoes or dress sandals
- Tops and shirts worn as intended, for example tucked in if designed that way.
Sportswear clothing usually worn for sports such as football, squash, tennis etc are unacceptable at the Southern Cross Club Woden. However, the Southern Cross Yacht Club, Southern Cross Tuggeranong and Southern Cross Jamison, being sporting Clubs, welcome neat and tidy sportswear in the Yacht Club’s Main Bar and the Sporting Lounges at Tuggeranong and Jamison, providing this dress complies with other dress standards.
Southern Cross Health & Fitness Club
- Gym shoes or runners must be worn at all times while training
- A clean towel must be used in the gym at all times
- Leggings or tights must be worn under leotards
- Clean, neat and tidy sporting attire must be worn at all times